June 1, 2013
Dear Shark Parents,
It is time to register for Meramec Sharks Hockey for the 2013-2014 hockey season. Let’s get right to what you need to know and what is new for the upcoming season.
- We have changed our on ice player/coach development partner. This coming season Reed Low and his staff will be on ice with each team from Squirts to Bantams 6 times per team during the season and will focus on only one team each session, not combining two teams. Included at each practice will be goalie training to be conducted by Luke Venker (Meramec’s preferred goalie instructor). Like last season this additional training is included in your season hockey fees.
- I would like to publicly acknowledge and personally thank Craig Woodcroft and Northern Edge, our player development partner the past two seasons. This partnership has served our players and coaches well with positive impacts demonstrated in our club’s on ice success.
- Your Board of Directors has approved a uniform change for next season. All players (8U through Midget) will switch to the lighter weight/more durable type Hockey Sock with the new look green stripe. These socks will soon be available at Schutz and Scores. (USA Hockey rules require all players on a registered team have uniforms of like design and colors).
- This season we will continue the $40 non-refundable tryout fee for ALL AA and Midget tryout. The tryout fee must be paid by either check or cash upon check in at the first Midget or AA tryout prior to skaters taking the ice. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Missouri Hockey adopted the USA Hockey 6 and Under/ 8 and Under Cross-ice ADM Program for Mites two seasons ago. This program will continue and will be fully supported by Meramec for the 2013-2014 season.
ALL Installment plans are in 4 equal payments:
- REGISTRATION IS ONLINE ONLY. You may register online beginning June 1st. We are pleased to continue “Ice Your Price” for the upcoming season. You can pay the FULL FEE amount for the season by June 30th and secure the $1,200 travel price or the $800 house price! Or starting July 1st you may choose to make 4 equal installment payments at this coming season’s increased rates which are shown below. As you did in years past, you will need to register with USA Hockey at www.usahockey.com for the 2013-2014 season prior to registering with MHC. The registration system will NOT allow you to register without a valid 2013-2014 USA Hockey number.
- Online payment requires credit or debit card. Please be mindful when selecting the 4 installment plan option that these payments will be automatic on the dates below and make sure your card does not expire between time of initial registration and last installment payments.
- 25% at time of registration via MHC online system
- 25% on September 1, 2013
- 25% on October 1, 2013
- Final 25% on November 1, 2013
- Midgets –
- $645 No change from last season.
- $40 Tryout fee due to at first evaluation
- Travel Players –
- $1,200 “Ice Your Price” if paid in full by June 30, 2013. $1,300 beginning July 1st.
- MHC will offer 4 installment payments if “Ice Your Price” is not selected.
- Payments will be $325 for each installment
- House Players –
- $800 “Ice Your Price” if paid in full by June 30, 2013. $880 beginning July 1st
- MHC will offer 4 installment payments if “Ice Your Price” is not selected.
- Payments will be $220 for each installment
- 8U/6U Players –
- $750, No change from last season
- MHC will offer 4 installment payments.
- Payments will be $187.50 for each installment.
- If you require payment assistance, all payment plans will be reviewed and either approved or denied at the sole discretion of the Meramec Board of Directors based on those presented by the Club Treasurer. All plans must be paid in full by November 1, 2013 for a player to continue to participate with his/her team.
- Meramec will continue the jersey purchase program for the upcoming season. Jerseys will be available at the price negotiated with Schutz and Scores. Meramec uniform socks are also available through Schutz and Scores only. Odd birth years will be eligible to wear odd numbers only and vice versa. Please watch the web and your email for jersey fitting and number reservation dates. Numbers will be assigned to players on a first come, first served basis and they will keep that number throughout their Shark career. Please contact our Equipment Director, Ron Flamm, with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All Missouri Hockey players MUST register online at www.usahockey.com for insurance. You will pay your insurance fees directly to USA Hockey, not to Meramec. If you don’t have your USA Hockey confirmation number when you register, the registration system will not process your request and we will not be able to allow your player to take the ice. Please contact our Registrar, Angie Kovacs, with questions at email@example.com.
- Meramec will continue with the Volunteer Program this year. Each MHC family will be required to volunteer for 8 hours this season, 4 of which will be served in our concession stand. The volunteer deposit will be $200 payable in two $100 checks at the time of your player’s first evaluation. We had a great start with the concession stand volunteers last season and it is essential we have this support from our membership to sustain the concession stand. The volunteer program has served our club well over the past several seasons. Contact Susan Gott with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Conditioning camps will be held in August prior to evaluations. Please check the website for exact date information over the summer.
- Evaluations will be held in August. Exact dates and times will be posted soon, but expect AA evaluations to be held August 10-12 at The Tank. The evaluation format will be the same as last year with our AA tryouts being held first. Once again, every player will have the opportunity to try out for the top team should they choose to do so. As mentioned before, a $40 non-refundable AA evaluation fee will be required prior to any player taking the ice. Cuts will be made after each evaluation session and posted on the website. The goal is to give every player an equal opportunity for an open try out.
- Equipment: As a reminder, it is mandatory for ALL birth years to wear black helmets, black pants and neck guards. For those families whose children have graduated from the HIP program, please be sure to purchase your equipment accordingly. If you have any questions regarding equipment, contact Ron Flamm at email@example.com.
- Coaching: If you are interested in coaching a team or helping as an assistant coach, please contact Steve Douglas at firstname.lastname@example.org with your questions or to submit a coaching application.
- Referral Incentive Program: If you know someone who would like to play hockey for the Meramec Sharks, we will give your family a referral fee of $25 for each new player signing up for HIP and $50 for new each player signing up for a fall house or fall travel team.
On behalf of the MHC Board of Directors, I would like to wish you each a very relaxing and safe summer. Please call on me or any board member with questions. We look forward to seeing you at the FSI Shark Tank in August!
Meramec Sharks Hockey Club
Fall 2013 Levels by Birth Year:
For registration questions contact Registrar, Angie Kovacs, at email@example.com.
|Hockey Initiation Program (HIP)/Learn to Play Hockey
||3–9 year olds
||5 & 6 year olds
||7 & 8 year olds
||9 & 10 year olds
||11 & 12 year olds
||13 & 14 year olds
||15 -18 year olds