June 15, 2014
Dear Shark Parents,
It is almost time to register for Meramec Sharks Hockey for the 2014-2015 hockey season. Below is what you need to know for the upcoming season.
- This season we have made some enhancements to our AA teams please see the detailed announcement on the club web page.
- Missouri Hockey adopted the USA Hockey ADM (American Development Model) program for 6U/8U players three seasons ago. This program will continue and will be fully supported by Meramec for the 2014-2015 season. For information use the link: http://www.admkids.com/
- REGISTRATION IS ONLINE ONLY. You may register online beginning June 15th.
You can pay the FULL FEE
amount for the season by August 11th
and secure a $100 discount.Or you may choose to make 4 equal installment payments at this season’s rates which are shown below. Don’t wait Registration will close on August 11th this season.
- Online payment requires credit or debit card. We will be using PAYPAL this season to process payments, a PAYPAL account is not required, if you do not have a PAYPAL account and do not want one, you can register and pay using the guest tab on the PAYPAL web page.
Please be mindful when selecting the 4 installment plan option that your credit/debit card does not expire between time of initial registration and last installment payment. Please contact our Treasurer J.R. Horrall
, with Questions at email@example.com
As you did in years past, you will need to register for insurance with USA Hockey at www.usahockey.com
for the 2014-2015 season prior to registering with MHC. The registration system will NOT allow you to register without a valid 2014-2015 USA Hockey number. You will pay your insurance fees directly to USA Hockey, not to Meramec. If you don’t have your USA Hockey confirmation number when you register, the registration system will not process your request and we will not be able to allow your player to take the ice. Please contact our Registrar, Angie Kovacs
, with questions at firstname.lastname@example.org
ALL Installment plans are in 4 equal payments:
- 25% at time of registration via MHC online system paid through PAYPAL
- 25% on September 1, 2014 (automatic payment)
- 25% on October 1, 2014 (automatic payment)
- Final 25% on November 1, 2014 (automatic payment)
- Midgets –
- $645 if paid in full
- $745 if paying in four equal payments of $186.25 each
- $40 Tryout fee due to at first pre-skate or tryout
- Travel Players –
- $1,200 if paid in full at the time of registration
- $1300 if paying in four equal payments of $325 each
- Players accepting a spot on a AA team will be required to pay an additional $300 due by August 16th
- House Players –
- $750 if paid in full at the time of registration
- $850 if paying in four equal payments of $212.50
- 8U/6U Players –
- $700 if paid in full at the time of registration
- $800 if paying in four equal payments of $200
- If you require payment assistance, all payment plans will be reviewed and either approved or denied at the sole discretion of the Meramec Board of Directors based on those presented by the Club Treasurer. All plans must be paid in full by November 1, 2014 for a player to continue to participate with his/her team.
- UNIFORMS: Meramec will continue the jersey purchase program for the upcoming season for all players registered for 8U through Bantam. Jerseys will be available at the price negotiated with Schutz & Scores. Meramec uniform socks are only available through Schutz & Scores. Odd birth years will be eligible to wear odd numbers only and vice versa. Please watch the web and your email for jersey fitting and number reservation dates. Numbers will be assigned to players on a first come, first served basis and they will keep that number throughout their Shark career. Please contact our Equipment Director, Ron Flamm, with any questions at email@example.com
- FUNDRAISING: Again this season all members will be required to purchase one book of ten raffle tickets for $100. Tickets can be sold for $10 apiece to recoup your cost. Additional books of ten tickets may be purchased for $50 giving you $50 in your pocket if you decide to sell them. Raffle prizes will be announced at our yearly “SHARK DANCE”. Stay tuned throughout the season for news on our usual Fall, Spring and Golf Tournament events. If you have any questions or suggestions on fundraising or know someone who would like to buy advertising space in our rink please contact Fundraising Director, Chris Jobst at firstname.lastname@example.org
- VOLUNTEERS: Meramec will continue with the Volunteer Program this year as it has served our club well over past seasons. Each MHC family will be required to volunteer for 8 hours again this season, 4 of which will be served in our concession stand. Volunteers are essential to sustain the concession stand and we need the support from our membership to keep it going.
The volunteer deposit will be $200 payable in two $100 checks at the time of your player’s first evaluation. Contact Volunteer Director, Stacey Michel
with any questions at email@example.com
- Evaluations: Evals will be held in August. Exact dates and times will be posted soon, check the club web page and master schedule tab for dates and times. The evaluation format will be the same as last year with our AA pre-skates in July followed by AA tryouts in late July and early August. Next will be our usual conditioning camps and then regular team evaluations.
- Equipment: As a reminder, it is mandatory for ALL birth years to wear black helmets, black pants and neck guards. For those families whose children have graduated from the HIP program, please be sure to purchase your equipment accordingly. If you have any questions regarding equipment, contact Equipment Director, Ron Flamm at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Coaching: If you are interested in coaching a team or helping as an assistant coach, please contact Coaching Director, Chris Durso at email@example.com with your questions or to submit a coaching application.
On behalf of the MHC Board of Directors, I would like to wish you each a very relaxing and safe summer. Keep checking the Web Site regularly for announcements and event schedule as the season gets closer. Please contact me or any board member with questions. We look forward to seeing you at the FSI Shark Tank in July and August!
Best regards and GO SHARKS!
Meramec Sharks Hockey Club
Fall 2014 Levels by Birth Year:
For registration questions contact Registrar, Angie Kovacs, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Hockey Initiation Program (HIP)/Learn to Play Hockey
||4–10 year olds
||5 & 6 year olds
||7 & 8 year olds
||9 & 10 year olds
||11 & 12 year olds
||13 & 14 year olds
||15 -18 year olds